Saturday, May 29, 2010

On showing where you have been.

I wanted to do a nice post of all the major work from this semester, but I haven't been able to get photographs. So, instead, I'm just putting up whatever noteworthy work I do have.
Let's mark my progress, and push me forward.

First, here's a couple of really old pieces I used to get into Montserrat.

04_20_2008


12_20_008


caterpillar

The first was published in my hometown, in a really crappy "Stop Teen Drinking" Pamphlet. The second is an observational sketch, the last is when Alice meets the Caterpillar. All were made 2 or 3 years ago.

Painting, Color, and Light with Masako (first semester):

masters1
Master's copy - The Kiss Klimt

masters2
Master's copy (sepia) - The Green Line Matisse

Personal Still Life
Final Still Life

2D Design with Scott (second semester):

colorfinal
Color Final
Representing the struggle in art.
(this is a terrible picture)


Drawing I with Barbara Moody (second semester):

drawfinal


drawing detail
Narrative Mid-Term Drawing & detail shot.
The narrative is a series of symbols to represent the first half of the plot from Watership Down by Richard Adams. For example, in the detail picture the glasses on the five dollar bill represent the character Fiver, in the role of the seer. The nuts represent the main character, Hazel.
Really though, I only put up the detail shot because I love Abe Lincoln's face.

This is pretty much all I've got as far as electronic documentation goes. I have a couple of self portraits from Life Drawing I, but I might as well wait until I get my Life II work photographed.
It is such a relief to have all my foundation courses out of the way.

I've started my summer painting regiment. I've finished a series of 6 postcards in acrylics, and nearly finished an acrylic painting (roughly 12x18"). A couple more weeks, and I can get my hands into some oils.

I also started working in the Montserrat Gallery. Today was my first day. I guess I was excited, because I didn't sleep at all before work.
This is how manual labor without sleep makes me feel:

today

No comments:

Post a Comment